How to Request Production Access on Amazon SES
Amazon SES is a cloud-based email service offered by Amazon Web Services (AWS) that provides a simple and cost-effective way to send transactional emails, marketing messages, and other types of communications to a large number of recipients. While anyone can use Amazon SES to send test emails and experiment with the service, to send emails in full production mode, you need to request production access. This means without production access, you can only send emails to other verified SES identities.
Requesting Production Access
- On your AWS console, go to Account Dashboard and click Request Production Access.
- Under Mailtype, select Marketing (or Transactional depending on the need)
- Input a link to your website in the Website URL field.
- In the Use Case field, input a well-written use case. Your use case should clearly show how you plan to build a mailing list, handle email bounces and complaints and how subscribers can opt out of your emails.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and submit a request.
- Amazon will send you an email on the status of your request in a short while.
In conclusion, requesting production access on Amazon SES is a necessary step for businesses and organizations that want to streamline their email marketing campaigns and improve communication with their customers. While the process may seem daunting, following the steps outlined in this article will help you verify your domain, set up notifications, and adhere to Amazon SES policies and best practices.